The Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria is offering a workshop to Koori people in the South East metro region. It will be useful to those who are interested in mediation, who use mediation skills in their work or personal life or are interested in becoming a trained and accredited mediator. The session is open to all of the community.
When: Wednesday 27 July, 2016 from 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Where: City of Casey, Aboriginal Gathering Place, 20 Agonis Street, Doveton, VIC 3177
This is a free workshop, but registration is essential to secure your place …. numbers are limited.
See flyer for contacts: Koori mediation training 2016 flyer
To ensure you’re updated on activities such as this in the ICACC region click Follow on the bottom right of any ICACC web page. Provide your email address, click Sign Me Up and you’ll get an email alert when we post news on the ICACC site.
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency is seeking expressions of interest from carers who believe they can make a positive difference in the life of a child or young person.
Foster care at VACCA is about providing Aboriginal children and young people with a positive and nurturing family life experience that will support their cultural, social and emotional development.
If you can provide a safe, nurturing and culturally sensitive environment, please contact VACCA to register your interest. For more info including contacts, the Foster Carer Information Booklet and how to complete an expression of interest visit the VACCA website or call 03 9480 7300
or see the VACCA Foster Carer’s flyer: VACCA foster carer flyer 2016
ICACC member, Bass Coast Shire, has announced these community events to celebrate NAIDOC Week 2016.
- Bass Coast / South Gippsland Reconciliation Group in conjunction with exhibiting artists is holding an Indigenous art exhibition. Official opening on Friday 1 July (RSVPs essential) and exhibition runs until 28 July. See previous post for details: NAIDOC Art Exhibition Inverloch
- Outa Metro Indigenous football / netball round and Long Walk, Sunday 3 July. Keep up-to-date on the Indigenous match Wonthaggi Power vs Leongatha Parrots on Outa Metro Facebook page or see the flyer for details: Leongatha Parrots vs Wonthaggi Power 2016
- Ramahyuck flag raising ceremony and family day, Tuesday 5 July. More info in the flyer: Ramahyuck Wonthaggi NAIDOC Flyer 2016
- Phillip Island Library NAIDOC Week story time, Tuesday 5 July, starts
- Inverloch Library NAIDOC Week story time, Wednesday 6 July, starts 10:30 AM.
- Wonthaggi Library NAIDOC Week story time, Thursday 7 July, starts 11:00 AM.
- Phillip Island & District Historical Society open day with items from the museum’s registered Boonwurrung / Bunurong collection on
display, Friday 8 July.
More details on all these events including contacts: Bass Coast NAIDOC Week 2016
Make a valuable community contribution
& develop your crafting skills.
Would you like to make items for charity donations? Are you interested in doing crafts such as a quilt story, jewellery making, card making, knitting trauma Teddies, hats, scarves and blankets for those in need? Then come along to the women’s craft and yarning group.
When: every Wednesday, from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Where: Casey Aboriginal Gathering Place, 20 Agonis Street, Doveton, Vic 3177
- Aboriginal women and kin are welcome
- Bring your children with you
- As you’ll be making a valuable contribution to the community sector, participation in this group can contribute towards community work
As women you can collectively agree on the charities you’ll support, whilst meeting other women and building on your personal strengths.
For more info and contacts to make a booking: Women’s Craft and Yarning Group Flyer
Cranbourne Gardens Annual
Koolin-ik ba kirrip-buluk (Family & Friends Event)
Join the celebrations at the annual Koolin-ik ba kirrip-buluk (family and friends event) at Cranbourne Gardens for NAIDOC Week 2016.
Activities include a traditional Welcome to Country ceremony, free BBQ, didgeridoo playing, Indigenous story-telling and much more.
When: Wednesday 6 July
10am to 2pm
Where: Ian Potter Lakeside Precinct, Cranbourne Gardens
Cnr Ballarto Road & Botanic Drive, Cranbourne, (off South Gippsland Highway)
This is a free event. For directions to Cranbourne Gardens as well as contacts for more info: Royal Botanic Gardens, Cranbourne website